Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Welcome to Me!

Well... Blogging... Truth be told I got one so that I could follow my friend's posts, but I might as well say a little something too :)

So, here are the top ten things that are on my mind recently:

1) I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 59 DAYS!!!!!!!! 8D So. Freaking. Excited!!! I'm marrying the best man I've ever known and ever will know. He's my best friend.


2) School is really stressing me out... I'm majoring in a subject that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with it... In all honesty, I just want to be a mom. That is one of the most important jobs in the world I think. If we don't raise our children well, who will we be able to trust our country and lives to in later years?

3) My family is really amazing. They've done so much for me and are doing so much for me. I can't seem to tell them just how much I appreciate them, but I should certainly tell them more often. Everyone should. You don't realize until you're older how much you rely on them and how much they put themselves aside and do everything in their power to help you. Tell the ones you love every day that you love them.

4) I love my church. I love the blessings it brings. I love the principles it teaches. I love the truthfulness of it. I love that I have been able to live a pure and chaste life and have been taught the importance of marriage. I am grateful for my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. For the Atonement. For the Resurrection. For the Restoration. For living prophets. For people who stand up for what they believe in.

5) Recently I have been doing this diet called Thrive. It's great. If anyone has been trying to look for something that works, just look up Thrive. It is based in Georgia and really only requires some self-discipline. But I've lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months. Thanks Thrive!

6) I'm fed up with school and ready for a break... Even better? I'm so ready to graduate.

7) I'm really excited about this summer. I'll get to spend time with my fiancee (by then my husband!) and my brother-in-laws. There won't be a curfew when I have to send my fiancee home because his home will be my home! I'm looking forward to getting to know my new family better. His brothers are awesome! I'm excited to add 5 more brothers the the 3 I already have. Yay for boys!

8) Baking and Cooking... Recently I've just been wishing that I could raid the cooking/baking aisles at the grocery store, take it all home, and make everything that I've been wanting to try... Problems with this? I'm a college student with a severe lackage of money... And I would have to eat all of it! Welcome back to those 20 pounds that I lost! :) But seriously... Someday I just want to have a day where I can bake all day, or even a couple days and make tons of delicious things and share them with my family and friends.

9) I'm excited to do a different job this summer. I love where I work now, but I think a small break of doing something really different will help me appreciate the job that I have now even better, when I come back in  the fall.

10) Donuts... Yes... Donuts always seem to be on my mind, and those who have spent some time around me recently will back this up. Haha... There is just something about a donut that is so satisfying... A warm, sugary, carbolicious delight topped with frosting and sprinkles... Or a bavarian cream-filled mound of happiness... Or that glazed orb that melts in your mouth... How could something like that NOT make you happy? I rest my case.

3 comments: